To all competitors, students, and spectators, it is my pleasure to invite you to the 2022 Rocket Rumble Inhouse Developmental competition on Saturday, October 1, 2022.
Please register by no later than September 10, 2022.
There will be a meeting for all coaches at 8:00 a.m., followed by opening ceremony at 9:00 a.m. All athletes should report on-site by 8:30 a.m.
There are three areas of competition:
- Olympic Style Sparring
- Forms Competition
- Board Breaking
There will be recognition for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. A six-foot trophy will be awarded to the male and female with the highest overall points.
We are looking forward to a day of fun and friendship governed by:
The Tenets of Tae Kwon Do
- Courtesy: To be thoughtful and considerate of others.
- Integrity: To be honest and good.
- Perseverance: To never give up in the pursuit of one’s goals.
- Self-Control: To have control of your body and mind.
- Indomitable Spirit: To have courage in the face of adversity.
Respectfully, Master Jeffrey A. Davis 5th Dan
This is an invitation-only event that is being hosted by Rocket Tae Kwon Do. The following schools are eligible for participation:
- Rocket TKD members
- Black Belt Academy (Ft. Payne, Master Mendoza)
- Holland Family Tae Kwon Do (Tuscumbia, AL, Sean Holland)
- Jason Bonilla Martial Arts
- Trent Grant Martial Arts
- Wade Tae Kwon Do
Entry Deadline: Register by no later than September 10, 2022.
Athlete Arrival: You should plan to arrive by no later than 8:30 a.m. to ensure proper registration, check-in and participation in the opening ceremony.
Entry Fees: $25.00. Payable by Venmo, cash or check to Jeffrey A. Davis. The fee MUST be paid promptly after online registration.
If you have any questions or problems with the online registration, please contact: Mr. Edward Jimenez at 256-683-2671 or email@example.com or Mr. Jason Miller at 256-694-3616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and changes
Team USA rules will be followed with a few exceptions noted below for sparring. Download the rules and become familiar with the rules.
- NO KICKING TO THE HEAD.
- Chest protectors are optional. One competitor may wear (Chest Guard) red, called Hong, and the other may wear blue, called Chong.
- Two (2) points will be awarded for a valid kick attack on trunk protector.
- Four (4) points will be awarded for a valid turning kick to the trunk protector.
- Each competitor will get three (3) boards.
- Each board can either be broken with hand or feet or a combination of the two.
- Each competitor will have no more than 3 chances to break all 3 boards.
- If all 3 boards are not broken, points will be deducted.
- Points are awarded based of the following: A. Number of attempts B. Difficulty C. Accuracy
Forms will be judged in the following:
Competitor Uniforms: All Rocket Tae Kwon Do athletes must wear a clean, Rocket Tae Kwon Do white uniform only. No T-shirts are allowed. Athletes from other schools must wear uniforms as directed by their Master or lead Instructor.
Officials/Coaches attire: Black and white Rocket Tae Kwon Do T-shirt.
Olympic Style Sparring: All competitors must wear a mouth guard, full headgear with padded top, shin & instep protectors and forearm protectors. Males must wear a groin cup and supporter inside the uniform. Groin protection is optional for females. Olympic style chest protector are also optional. Bring your gear. School gear is available but limited. Athletes must supply their own mouthpiece and groin protection (males), even if using school-provided gear.
Age Divisions (age on competition day):
Location: Redstone Arsenal Youth Center Gymnasium (Building 3148)
Base Access:If you do not have credentials for Redstone Arsenal access, please be sure to have:
- Driver’s license for all visitors over 18 (including passengers)
- Proof of auto insurance
- Vehicle registration
Foreign nationals must also have a current passport or alien registration card.